How it breaks down...
We work in many different environments from 150 square meter apartments to 1000+ square meter multi-building projects. Our services can be procured for design and specification only or as a turn-key solution in which we protect the clients and project team from integration risk by taking full responsibility for taking the interconnected systems from concept right through to delivery.
EXAMPLES & COSTS
1. DESIGN ONLY
We work for developers and other clients on a design only basis either because they need to submit the work to main contractors to be incorporated into their package or because the supply and installation of the equipment needs to be costed out for implementation by others. Circa $3,000.
- up to 2 iterations of structured cabling drawings showing all relevant low voltage cables such as Cat6, speaker, heating control and lighting control cables
- initial calculations of conduit sizings for the cable bundles at the point of ingress to any equipment cabinet location
- a detailed Bill of Materials comprising a full system architecture to deliver the functionalities listed in the Project Foundation Document
- Sizings for the equipment cabinets needed to house the components (e.g. main patch & comms racks, lighting control panels, etc)
TURN-KEY RENOVATION OF A TOWN-HOUSE
The owners of a Auckland town-house want to ensure they wire for the expansion of smart home devices in the next decade while also ensuring they have high quality wifi, fast internet and excellent audio-visuals for the entertainment of their family and friends. Includes dedicated home theatre room, two areas of music with internet streaming access, full remote control with ipad/iphone control system as a back up, distributed video in HD to two TV locations plus much more.
This is a turn-key solution which starts with listening to the clients' brief, translating this into easy-to-use technology systems, project managing all of the cabling infrastructure with their building teams and then commissioning the whole system with the 'FFD' period to ensure they are 100% happy with the results. Circa $15,000.
TURN-KEY RENOVATION OF A large HOUSE
In this example a house is being fully renovated and the owners want to ensure that they can live in it as efficiently as possible while also recognising that they will not be opening up the floors and walls for at least another 20 years. Circa $65,000. They decided to implement:
- a full design service to hand the responsibility for all aspects of structured cabling layout, rack positioning, lighting panel sizing etc to us for integration with their architects
- structured cabling to provide a fast ethernet backbone for their wifi, home offices and all connected hardware (both at the point of completion and ready for future devices)
- energy infrastructure to monitor the output of their heat pumps as well as the electricity consumed by the house.
- they wanted high definition Sky and other sources available on the in-built TVs in the core viewing rooms and bedrooms. This is controlled via a simple-to-use single remote from Control4.
- They then took the support package with its integrated remote monitoring equipment, power maintenance for the main house systems and network management allowing us to give them proactive remote support for years after the installation.
We also work extensively to bring the benefits of modern technologies to discerning developers who want to differentiate themselves from the crowd and offer a truly smart 21st century product for their buyers. We will always put together a bespoke package of technologies that reflects the developer's unique style and market offering.